- All opinions expressed in blogs published on the site are those of the contributing authors and not of UACES or Ideas on Europe.
- Blog owners must be members of UACES or IACES.
- The requirement for bloggers to have UACES or IACES membership does not apply to guest authors on the JCMS blog, Crossroads Europe, the UACES blog or IACES blog.
- Guest authors on other blogs may occasionally contribute to other blogs without holding UACES or IACES membership. However, if UACES or IACES deems that they are writing regularly on the platform they will be asked to join as a UACES or IACES member.
- All blog posts will go through an approval process with the Ideas on Europe moderators prior to publication. The moderators will check for breaches of this site policy. Our current moderators are Dr Patrick Bijsmans and Dr Mechthild Roos.
- The remit for Ideas on Europe blogs is very broad. We only ask that blog owners focus posts around European issues and that they avoid using entire blog posts for promotional purposes. If you do want to promote an upcoming event or initiative as part of a blog post, we recommend that you add details of this at the end of a post. This can be in the form of sentence or short paragraph with a link leading to the promoted event/s. This excludes summarizing workshops or network activities that have taken place in the past.
- UACES reserve the right to edit or delete individual blog posts (either pre- or post-publication) or entire blogs that they deem:
– use abusive language
– promote hate of any kind
– use excessively foul language
– are polemical and not analytical
– are off-topic (ie is not focused on European issues)
– are used for the purpose of promoting events, political parties, or other initiatives
– are libellous or defamatory
– are obviously spam
– are plagiarised
– contain serious spelling and grammatical errors
- When UACES decide to delete an individual blog post, they will send a warning to the blog owner. If they decide to delete a subsequent post from the same blog author, the author will receive a final warning. If a third post must be deleted, then the entire blog will be deleted from the site.
- If UACES receive a complaint about a particular blog from a reader or another Ideas on Europe user, they will investigate. During the investigation, the blog in question will be suspended but not deleted and the blog author will be unable to post to the site. If the site owners deem that an individual blog post has breached this site policy, that blog post will be deleted and the blog author will be issued with a warning (see point 5 above). If the blog is not deemed to have breached the site policy, the entire blog will be restored and the owner will be able to post to the site once again
Copyright, Creative Commons and Sharing
Articles published on blogs on Ideas on Europe are by default published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 (CC-BY-NC-SA) licence unless stated otherwise on an individual blog or blog post. This permits articles to be republished elsewhere, however they must be attributed and cannot be used for commercial gain.
Copyright remains with the author. By blogging on this site contributors give Ideas on Europe and UACES full rights in perpetuity to use the content.
Re-publishing material from other blogs
If you have previously published on another publication source please ensure you have sought permission before re-publishing on an Ideas on Europe blog. The standard way of indicating that an article appeared elsewhere is to include a line of text indicating where the article first appeared together with link to the original.
All comments within this blog are the responsibility of the commenter, not UACES, IACES, Ideas on Europe, the blog owner, administrator, contributor, editor, or author. By submitting a comment, you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, Ideas on Europe, and all subsidiaries and representatives harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
Although UACES monitors the site, blog owners are ultimately responsible for managing comments received on their own blog.
UACES and Ideas on Europe reserve the right to edit or delete comments that we deem to have content that:
- is abusive
- is off-topic
- promotes hate of any kind
- uses excessively foul language
- is obviously spam
- contains serious spelling and grammatical errors
A valid email address is required in order to submit comments. Email addresses are not published on the blog, shared or sold. You will not be subscribed to a mailing list, but you may be notified of follow-up comments via email.
This policy needs to be read in conjunction with our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, our Anti-Bullying and Harassment Policy and our UACES’ code of conduct.
Subscribe to Newsletter
UACES, IACES and Ideas on Europe do not take responsibility for opinions expressed in articles on blogs hosted on Ideas on Europe. All opinions are those of the contributing authors. The content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - NonCommercial - ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The map in the Ideas on Europe logo is an abstract map. It does not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of UACES, IACES and Ideas on Europe concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
© UACES 2023